What is Management Information System (MIS)?
A management information system (MIS) is a set of systems and procedures that collect data from a variety of sources to prepare a format to be used in the decision-making process. MIS provides a comprehensive overview of gathered data in a presentable format. It can produce regular reports on operations, financials, campaigns, etc for every level of management in an organization. Employees can easily obtain target-related reports from the MIS.
Why Do Organizations Need Management Information System (MIS)?
As organizations evolve and grow, they amass huge amounts of data. This data is usually scattered throughout the organization and might be available in different systems and even in various geographical locations, which makes gathering and analyzing this asset extremely challenging. As a result, today’s organizations struggle to consolidate their distributed data in one single data source (Single Point of Truth) to achieve consistency and integrity in their reports.
MIS plays a significant role in decision-making thanks to its capacity to compile scattered data. It has strategic power in building a road map for specific goals and targets.The number one purpose of the MIS is giving feedback about company performance on various topics whilst providing summary reports for C-level executives to monitor the organization as a whole. The information demonstrated by the MIS shows “actual situation” data over against “planned result” at large. Thus, it is a convenient tool to measure progress against KPI’s and goals.
Objectives of MIS
MIS has five key objectives as follows:
- Data Capturing
- Processing of Data
- Data Storage
TAV Technologies Management Information System (MIS)
TAV Technologies MIS (Management Information System) is a complete data analysis and visualization solution designed to address data-related challenges and help organizations to gather, consolidate and analyze their data to turn data into information and information into actionable intelligence to guide and support managerial decisions.
TAV Technologies MIS features and functions help companies and airports analyze organizational data to optimize operational performance and get ahead in the competition.
Benefits of TAV Technologies MIS
TAV Technologies MIS collects, structures, analyzes and, leverages data to transform it into easy-to-understand and actionable information for organizations while offering a single point of truth in reporting with the below business and technical benefits.
- Visibility of all operational and financial data in one place
- Understanding your organization better
- Monitoring operational and financial performance of your organization in near-time
- Improved operational efficiency by acting on gathered information
- Identified opportunities to utilize your resources better and reduce costs
- Increased financial performance
- Maximizing the effectiveness of your communications
- Taking snapshots of transactional data and putting it in a separate database to analyze trends and develop reports based on the captured information
- Ad hoc reporting and exploration
- Dashboards and scorecards
- Online access to past and present business data
- Eliminating reporting backlog and delays
- Leveraging your investment in your data warehouse
- Available on mobile platforms
Features of TAV Technologies MIS
Tailored features of TAV Technologies MIS are specifically designed for the airport environment and airport management.
1.Self-Service Adhoc Reporting
- Central Datawarehouse
- Drill-Down, Drill-Up and format information, based on business needs
- Using simple drag-and-drop features to create interactive reports
- Combining data from different sources
- Sharing trusted insights with business partners
- Baggage handling analysis
- Passenger/Flight movements analysis
- Peak time analysis
- Passenger/Flight comparisons
3.Airside Performance Analytic
- Total Insight into ATM's runway productivity
- Aircraft gate services
- Bridge and counter usages by airlines
- Boarding bridge efficiencies
- Peak time analysis
- Flight productivity
4.Service Management Analytic
- Maximizing early detection of service and application issues to avoid business-impacting service distribution
- Providing a single analytic solution for monitoring SLA's
- Providing a single analytic solution to evaluate service centers in all levels
- Turning data into insight
- Providing the capability to correlate workforce information about operational measures
- Recruitment analysis
- Employee analysis
- Employee distribution analysis
- Cumulative and monthly turnover analysis
6.Social Media Sentiment Analytic
- Capture 3 Twitter streams
- Calculates sentiment scores (Positive, Negative, Neutral) using
- Big data technologies
7.IOT Real-time Flight Radar Streaming
- Real-time streaming AODB data and Flight Radar Information
- Real-time notifications
- Real-time streaming of airside surface movements